The Service Planner initiates services and repairs, verifies
warranty and policy coverage, creates repair estimates and creates and plans
repair orders while maintaining customer rapport. The Service Planner will
coordinate, troubleshoot, authorize, manage and process on road repairs /
breakdowns. The Service Planner plans the technicians work schedule to be most
effective and minimizes customer dwell and repair and total downtime and
indirect labor. The Service Planner tracks technician payroll, accountability
and quality metrics.
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and writes up
customer’s vehicle problem accurately and clearly on Service Write Up sheet, verifying
customer information, and obtaining customer’s signature.
- Communicates updates to customers and technicians.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies and labor.
- Prepare repair orders and estimates.
- Monitor and communicate the repair process for assigned area.
- Coordinate repairs for on road repairs / breakdowns.
- Documents and tracks work pending, pending estimates and out of service equipment.
- Administer, monitor, and report the accuracy and fair estimates/quotes for segment repairs.
- Maintains filing and records.
- Updates customer profiles using equipment, hours, or other information from the customer work orders.
- May process warranty and/or product improvement claims including the computation of charges, submission and follow-up.
- Verifies repairs are/are not warrantable prior to quoting customer or proceeding with repairs.
- Completes invoicing, collecting POs or receiving payments from customers prior to unit being released to customer.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding inbound work, appointments and work in process.
- Resolves customer complaints and elevate as necessary.
- Communicates updates daily and Estimate Time of Repair (ETRs) to customer.
- Maintains an enthusiastic attitude to build positive relationships and morale.
- o Close out completed work orders, and check for accuracy.
- Assist with training new hires on Meiborg Enterprises policies and procedures.
- Resolve customer complaints on billing and warranty issues.
- Provide continuous review of and improvements to Service Systems, WIP, Time reporting, Expenses, and Sublet etc.
- Consistently improve procedures to streamline billing and warranty for assigned areas.
- Brief supervisors and submit reports on measures.
- Always work safely. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Perform other duties/task as assigned by management.
- Service Planners are expected to work long hours with frequent standing and moving.
- They may be exposed to extreme heat or cold and usually work weekends and holidays.
specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work
difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and
shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to
limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and
control the work of employees under his/her supervision. Ability to competently
perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable
accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery,
and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are
basic requirements of all positions.