We are looking to employ a hard-working and experienced OTR Driver to transport freight between various locations across the country. The OTR's responsibilities include obtaining customers’ signatures upon completion of each delivery, ensuring that the freight is properly secured for transportation, and notifying management of any freight damage sustained during transportation. You should also ensure that the truck is labeled with the correct placards when transporting hazardous materials or oversized cargo.
To be successful as an OTR Driver, you should be knowledgeable of road safety regulations and able to maintain concentration for extended periods. Ultimately, an outstanding OTR Driver should demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills as well as adhere to all company policies and procedures.
OTR Driver Responsibilities
- Safely transporting freight between various locations over long distances.
- Performing truck inspections before and after each trip to ensure that all mechanical systems are in good working order.
- Carefully planning routes to ensure that deliveries are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the company truck, which includes washing and cleaning it, changing oil and water, monitoring tire pressure, and performing minor repairs as needed.
- Maintaining a logbook detailing the hours traveled, rest periods, miles covered, as well as all fuel, repair, and toll expenses.
- Promptly reporting any traffic violations, road accidents, and vehicle breakdowns to management.
- Notifying the dispatcher and customer of any delay that may affect scheduled delivery times.
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of freight into and off the company truck.
OTR Driver Requirements
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- A clean driving record.
- Proven experience working as an OTR Driver or Truck Driver.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- The ability to use road maps and GPS devices.
- The ability to work long hours.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Pay ranges from .40 to .53cpm!!!
- Detention Pay, starting at $18/hr for new hires.
- $150 for Full Day Layovers.
- $90 for Half Day Layovers.
- $150 for 34 hour resets on the road.
- $0.03cpm extra for drivers with Hazmat + Tank(not required)
- Up to $250 a month each month as a safety bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Free Family Chiropractic (Rockford Only)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave